Sunday, September 2, 2012

Arizona

Even though the title is Arizona, I gotta throw in one picture taken in New Mexico.  The drive on I-40 through New Mexico is BORING. It pretty much looks like this. (see below)


New Mexico...yeah that's about it.

Arizona is more picturesque.


Arizona Border Welcome Center (Aug 15, 2012)




Making way on 1-40 west through Arizona you will start to see signs about a meteor crater.  I had never seen a meteor crater, so I decided to make a quick stop.   The crater is located approximately 40miles outside of Flagstaff, Arizona.  It was created about 50,000 years ago.   After driving up a winding road, you will arrive at the attraction.  I was surprised it was 16 dollars to get in to see "a big hole".  But there is also a little museum and gift shop.   You can get more information here http://www.meteorcrater.com/  





Check out the video below. 
 




 
The evening sky outside of the meteor crater site.

No comments:

Post a Comment